Okay, so today I am going to shake things up a bit. I am not going to talk about the process of writing. So, if that is what you are looking for, you might as well stop here.
Today I have two things I want to accomplish with this blog: My Contest, and gaining Alpha/Beta readers
Let’s start with the readers.
I have mentioned in the past that i am working on a Paranormal Horror. Well, my deep outline is complete. Let me explain my process so you know what I mean.
1) I create characters, setting, and a story
2) I do a quick synopsis on each Chapter/Scene (a paragraph, good for the official synopsis as well)
3) I do a detailed version of the Chapter/Scene (Usually 2-4 pages long)
4) I “Red Line Edit” or “Red Edit” the Chapter. (I literally go through the detailed version and replace adverbs, tense problems and add descriptions)
5) The rewrite using the “Red Edits”
6) Alpha/Beta readers. (I call them both because the draft I have at this point is more than a first draft, but less than a final draft)
7) Rewrites from feedback
Okay, so I am starting on #6 right now, looking for readers to go through chapter by chapter looking for flow problems, dialog issues, etc.
So if you can help me out, I will be glad to return the favor AND you get a first look at my WIP!
So, my friends, please let me know if you can do this version of critique for me. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!
Just let me know via email email@example.com
Now the real pimping begins!
You only have 7 days left to enter my flash fiction contest! I am accepting all fantasy and paranormal at this time, because as in my previous post I believe they go hand-in-hand in the world of writing.
So get the entries in and win a prize! firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to all my followers, you guys are a fabulous bunch!!